On Friday, August 19, we will resume operation of the vaccination centre for the public with standard health insurance for vaccination of the second booster doses against covid-19. At the same time, we continue to vaccinate foreigners/self-payers with permanent or temporary residence in the Czech Republic who do not have public health insurance. These vaccinations will take place on the 5th floor near the pharmacy and foreigners' reception.
Hours of operation:
- FRI 8.00 - 13.00
- Hospital Na Homolce, Roentgenova Street, Prague 5
Questions and answers
How do I register for vaccinations and book an appointment?
- For vaccinations, please use the central booking system on the websites registration.mzcr.cz and crs.uzis.cz or via the telephone line 1221.
Will you vaccinate people without prior registration?
- We will vaccinate those who have not registered and booked a date in advance as substitutes in limited numbers, i.e. if the booked candidates do not show up. We kindly ask non-registered candidates to follow the instructions of the staff.
Before you come to us
- Please have your ID card, insurance card and a list of medications you have been taking for a long time ready. At the same time, show the confirmation sms or email from the booking system at the entrance. It is also advisable to bring a medical record from your GP.
- If you do not have your own email address, please have a loved one's email address ready.
- Wear clothing that is easy to unbutton or remove - unbuttoned tops and short-sleeved shirts.
What to expect on site
- Initial interview with the doctor (standard examination, thorough history taking, allergies, possible collapse conditions, answering any questions).
- Vaccination in the arm, then interview with the doctor again before discharge to the waiting room.
- The vaccine will be injected intramuscularly into the deltoid muscle of the upper arm.
- After vaccination, you will need to wait in the waiting room for 20 minutes in case of a reaction to the vaccine.
- Possible side effects are detailed in the informed consent.
- You will leave the vaccination centre with a medical report and certificate of vaccination.
- Eat and drink sensibly before your vaccination, taking fluids with you if necessary. The whole vaccination process from the time you arrive at the Na Homolce Hospital vaccination centre until you leave it takes approximately one hour.
Important numbers and links
- Helpline 1221 - help with vaccinations, certificates and travel arrangements
- COVID-19 vaccination - information from the Ministry of Health