Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation
Head of Department: Zbyněk Fuksa, MD
Activities of the Department:
- Provision of anaesthesia
- Reanimation care for bed-ridden patients (8 multidisciplinary beds at the DAR )
- Urgent reanimation within the hospital
- Consulting services
- Chronic pain treatment in the chronic pain outpatient unit
- Educational activities (an accredited training centre in anaesthesia and intensive care medicine)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation training provided to all employees of the Na Homolce Hospital
- Hyperbaric oxygenotherapy
- The Department is involved in teaching physicians - it is an accredited training facility for anaesthesiology, resuscitation and intensive care medicine.
- Physicians of the Department provide training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation to all hospital employees.
- They participate in workshops, congresses and training seminars (if practicable with regard to the operation of the Department) which are part of life-long learning: they participated in 9 events in the Czech Republic and 2 events abroad in 2017.
- 2 physicians successfully passed the postgraduate certificate examination.
- In particular, I. Vrba, MD has been actively involved in publication activities comprising a total of 11 publications and lectures, including in high-impact journals.