Clinical microbiology and antibiotic surveillance
Head of Department: Doc. MUDr. Miroslav Průcha, Ph.D.
The Department of Clinical Microbiology and Antibiotic Surveillance is a modern, well-equipped diagnostic laboratory that provides services to Na Homolce Hospital, and is concerned with the clinical-microbiological diagnosis of infectious diseases and hospital-related complications, outpatient and primary care. Services provided are focused on treatment, prophylaxis and prevention. Specialized antibiotic surveillance actively influences the quality of antibiotic use and control of antibiotic resistance.
The primary activities of our professional staff include:
- microbiological laboratory diagnosis of infectious diseases and complications
- clinical and microbiological consulting services
- consultation on the optimal use of antibiotics
- antibiotic policy in the hospital, outpatient and primary care
- surveillance and control of antibiotic resistance
- surveillance and control of nosocomial infections