The NHH Department of Dentistry provides comprehensive dental care including prevention, treatment and the manufacture of dental replacements. The department consists of dentist's offices (some of them private), a private dental surgery division with an implantology centre, and a dental laboratory.
The Department of Dentistry provides comprehensive dental care:
1. The services provided by the department encompass prevention, treatment and the manufacture of dental replacements. Preventive care includes comprehensive dental examination, ultrasonic tartar removal, instructions on proper dental care and panoramic and intraoral X-ray imaging using modern radiovisiography.
2. Therapeutic procedures include the preparation and application of fillings from all types of filling material with emphasis on aesthetic appearance, root canal treatment, and treatment of oral mucosal disorders. Patients whose dental condition is combined with other health problems can also use the services of other NHH departments.
3. More demanding extractions of impacted teeth, multiple extractions, root-end resections, cyst surgeries and surgical treatment of the periodontium including bone grafts are performed at the private dental surgery division. This division includes the Implantology Centre that specializes in replacing missing teeth with dental implants.
4. During treatment, the patients can be sedated with analgesics administered by an experienced anesthesiologist.
5. Irregular tooth placement or improper jaw relationship can be corrected with removable and fixed orthodontic appliances designed by a private orthodontist.
6. The dental laboratory uses modern technology to manufacture a wide variety of removable, hybrid and fixed replacements from state-of the-art materials.
Petr Kolčava, MD